Wednesday, November 23, 2016

The forest of Georgia

Chapter 1
A new life                                               
     "Are we there yet?" I asked,". No. Not yet, my mamma responded,". We are still driving, but we will be in Augusta soon. Oh mamma you always say that but we are still driving. Be patient we will be there in an hour Lu. I watched as the sun turned golden brown and the trees started forming their own shadows, there was a reason we were going to Georgia, we had sold our apartment in Virginia because we could not afford the rent, so we were renting a new townhouse in Augusta. We soon stopped at a small townhouse village called Tree Side Point, a mile away from a forest. We got down and entered the house, it was a small two story house with two bedrooms, one bathroom and a small living room and kitchen. I knew this was my new life.    
                                                      


 Chapter 2
The Woods                                                              
     
I went for a hike in  the woods to see what I could find. But I got lost. I started to get worried I did not see any people or buildings. I grabbed my phone and called my mamma. "Hello?" she said over the phone. Its me Lu, I said,". Oh how is the woods? she asked,". Bad, I am lost. "Oh my, okay I will see what I can do, she said,". Okay bye, I whimpered,". I sat on a mosey log and gazed at the stars twinkling over me, but my peaceful moment was interrupted by a rustle in the bushes. I got up to see what was causing the noise and it was a deer. I tried to get close to pet it. Hey! the deer yelled,". Don't  go touching me, It continued. Y-you can talk, I whimpered,". Yeah sure, whatever you think! it yelled,". Okay, what is your name? I asked,". M-my name? I do not have a name. What? I asked,". Why not? I never felt like I needed one, he said,". But you can call me your friend. Suddenly I knew the way home. I thanked him for letting me be his friend and ran home and went to bed.



Chapter 4
                                                                        The Wooden Chamber 

When I woke up I got dressed and ran as fast as I could to the woods and when I got there I shouted...FRIEND! I waited and then the ground started to shake and the trees made a clear path and at the end was a huge . Uh oh. The trees moved aside making a clear path. I followed the path and found myself at an opening. And in the middle was a huge tree and built inside the tree was a house right inside the stump. I nocked on the door and it opened by itself and inside there was a deer drinking coffee. Uh hi, I said,". Oh  you came, it said,". Friend? I asked. Welcome back, he said,". I have a secret to share with you, I can ship-shaft into any animal I want. Wow, so any animal? I asked,".Yep. Sit down young traveler, He said while pointing at a wooden chair. Whoah...nice place, I said,". thank you... uh, I never got your name. Lu. My name is Lu, I answered. Oh cool. So Lu do you go to school? Oh yeah, infact I am starting a new school tomorrow, I yelled,". What grade are you in. 5th I responded,". Huh. You; never mind, He soon whispered,". No! I shouted,". No, what? my friend asked,". You have to tell me what you think of me. Why should I? He asked You already know what I feel of you, your kind and caring. I like you too," I said.



Chapter 5
Otis Lorenz

The next day on my first day of a new school I got onto the bus and sat alone. I started to get nerves but then a kid came up to me and said... Hello I am "Otis Lorenz". "Hello", I responded," Want to hang out today?" he asked. "Sure" I responded. At lunch we sat together. At dismal, when I saw my mamma I ran to her but I saw Otis' dad. He asked me if I wanted to come over for dinner tonight and I said yes. That night I went to his house, a small town house just like mine. I ate fish with salad. Then I checked out Otis' room. It was small It had a one person bed a desk with a really old computer on it and an empty fish tank. we killed some time by playing cards building with legos and playing games on the computer. when. Otis and I were doing homework. Otis' dad came and helped us. When we were done I said bye to Otis and his dad. When we got in the car I tried to tell my mamma about my friend but I didn't. I was afraid she would not believe. I wanted this to be my secret.


Chapter 6
                          My friends secret

The next morning I went to the forest I fallowed the path to Friends house. On the way thought of shorter some better names for him. I heard birds singing wolves howling and a strange rumble. When I got there I saw lumber jacks cutting down the tree. I went In through the back door. Friend was sitting on a log in the the shape of a mouse. "What's going on? I asked,". Well these fools came to get me. WHY? because I have a terrible secret, He shouted,".  Come with me. He pulled a wooden lever on the wall and a little bunker was underneath the floor, we went inside it. stay with me, said friend,". Okay I said as I looked around the strange room. It was full of dusty old books an old old telescope and a coffee machine. What Is this place I asked friend as he poured me some coffee. It is my old lab. You see years ago I was just a normal deer until I was caught by a scientist group they turned me into a shape shifter and I had to end all the worlds problems. I said yes but instead they used me to build a lab for their studies. I then escaped from their clutches but they found me, And now thew won't leave me alone until I agree to build their science land. "Well why won't you help them?" I asked. "They need that lab built over the woods, my home." he replied.



Chapter seven
Otis' secret

I laid on my bed with my head swirling with fear and excitement. I tried to forget about my friend but I could not help myself. I ran to the woods, when I got there Otis was inside, and my friend was on the floor, knocked out. Otis! I yelled,". What have you done? I asked,". What! this freak of nature needs to be sent to Nasa! he yelled,". They must know how this creature can talk. No! I shouted,". I shoved him down on the hard wood floor. Stop this Otis! I yelled,". I cannot believe you knocked him out" I whimpered. Tears rolled down my cheeks like a quiet shiny water fall. Otis got up and he patted the dust that was on the floor of his coat. Well, it looks like you are really hating me right now, Otis yelled,". I looked at him angrily, yeah, maybe, I whimpered,". Well it is time to tell you," Otis said. Tell me what?," I asked. "Nothing"," He responded. "I grunted and got up". Tell me," I yelled, with anger. Ok, ok, we-well I, ya see I, I have lived here for 5 years over those time I have studied this animal and I found out how it could talk! How?," I asked. none of your business," he responded. Then without a warning he knocked me out with a wooden chair.



Chapter eight
Alone

When I woke up I sat on on the chair with my friend, please wake up," I whimpered. But he stayed silent. I held him tight and whispered "I cannot believe you were my only real friend." My nose bled and I had a black eye. Well if you ever wake up I just wanted you to know this, I have never had a friend like you, never. As tears dropped down my cheeks me and my nice, loving, unnamed friend sat there. No one to talk to no one to play with. I was, alone.


Chapter nine     
The Fight

I put my friend down on the soft leaves outside and walked home. When I got to school the next day I told Otis that he did not know what true friendship meant. But he said that I needed to understand that he was better because does not care that he knocked my friend down. I told him he needed to learn that nature animals mattered. He told me that MY FRIEND did not even have a name and that was weird. HE WAS NOT WIERD AND YOU BETTER TAKE THAT BACK!," I yelled. That caught everyones attention,FIGHT,FIGHT,FIGHT! ,"They all shouted, at once. But my principle cut through the crowd, He said he had never had such bad behavior and sent us both to detention. My mamma picked me up an hour after school because she had too much work to do. Detention felt like it was 2 hours long but it was only 55 minutes, Otis and I could not talk so we just sat there watching the clock. My mamma said that I needed a punishment for fighting in school so I wasn't allowed to leave the house for a week unless it was for school. That week past by fast, all I really did was go to school and do homework and I missed my old home back in Virginia. My mamma said she needed me to talk to Otis and apologize. I told her all about my friend and what Otis had done and that I needed to go down to the woods so I can see if he was okay. She did not believe me, obviously.  Otis still "hated" me.



Chapter ten
The note
     
It was Monday and my punishment was over, so I went down to the woods. My friend was still on the Fall leaves (he was still knocked out).  Inside the hose there was a "note" on the table that I hadn't noticed before. I picked it up an red:
                                                                                 1937 already, wow it is almost time. I cannot believe there are only 2 years left till it "happens". I know we have been waiting for this for 8 years for this. I know we have been very patient, and soon all of us will soon be free. 

                                                                                                   Sincerely,
                                                                                                   Stilton
       


Chapter eleven
The Dog

My mind was swirling with questions.  Who was stilton? What was he waiting for? Right at that moment a dog walked into the house and it looked mad. I looked at its pitch black eyes,  it looked at me growling snarling. I backed up a little. The dog grabbed the note and without a waring he ran out. I walked out to and right next to my friend was a deer and a raccoon! The raccoon looked at me and said," you killed him, you killed Stilton! "He is dead?" I asked. Yes, and he wouldn't be if it wasn't for YOU! the dog."" Do you guys have names?" I asked,". "Yes", the deer ," responded. I am Joanne, the dogs name is Carl and the raccoons name is Jerry. Cool Joanne, Carl, and Jerry. Without a warning Joanne knocked me down with his antlers, but I got up and ran down to the basement of my friends house. I picked up some lighter fluid and a blow torch, I poured the lighter fluid on the floor and turned on the blow torch with all the animals together, Was going to burn them! But I did not. I put down the blow torch a wiped up all the fluid. I can't do this," I said, and walked off

       

Chapter twelve
Burnt to the ground

The next day I woke up to the sound of alarms blaring.  I got dressed and went outside. It smelled odd, like a fire crackling on a cool winters night. But it smelled even stronger then that, and smoke was bursting from the ground! I ran toward the smoke, and there it was a "huge fire" that was spreading across the forest. Firemen rushed through the large crowd trying to prevent the fire from spreading onto the village. I walked to a tall man and asked," What caused this? I dunno, they are still trying to find out, He said with shock,". I did not cause this," I thought I ran to everyone and asked what had happened but no one knew. Some people looked scared others looked puzzled. What was only 30 minutes seemed like hours. As the flames died down I looked at the ash, all the levels burnt, the ground covered in ash. Soon the flames were gone, I noticed my mamma was standing in the middle of the crowd, I ran to her. Wow, she said,". I have never seen that big of a fire, hmm wonder what caused it. You don't know either? I asked,". Its hard to tell sometimes, she responded,". Yeah, I said as I ran into the woods. Lu, "NO, WAIT!" my mamma yelled. I ran through the ash, and I got my shoes super dirty. I soon reached the middle of the forest where my friends house was. There was no one there. Everything had burned.


Chapter Thirteen
The mystery of the fire

The 3 animals were next to the house. "Okay, what happened, I know you know," I asked. Sorry we know nothing," Jerry said, Go home. Each day seemed like a week. At school nothing had changed, it   felt like ever since I came here I had done nothing but go to the woods, but now, its gone. I was getting board, I lost both of my friends, one hates me and the other "died" Otis hates me because he thinks I am an animal because I spent so much time with my friend. But other than that everything was back to normal.


Chapter Fourteen    
Recreated

People started building houses over the ruins of the woods that is what they had been planing since I got here two weeks ago but they did not want to harm the forest. I went to the ruins of the woods to burry a time capsule. As I dug in the spot where my friends house was I hit something! It was a small shoe box inside was a letter, it said:

                                     If you found this you must be digging in my property owned by Stilton H. William You must also know that I live in a huge tree.  I know you might be wondering why I am living out here, well that is none of your business. You have discovered my home so you should be proud. Do not show anyone this letter. The only reason I wrote it was because I needed to keep people away, goodbye.

                              Sincerely,
                              Stilton.

p.s. put this back in the shoe box.


After I read it I put it back in the box like it said, but as soon as I put it in everything started changing, the trees started growing back, the houses that were being built disappeared, I blinked and when I opened my eyes I was on my friends front lawn. I knocked on the door and my friend opened, his tree was still there to. My friend opened. Hello, he said,". Hi, I said,". My friend gave me some tea and cookies and insist that I sat down, he still remembered me and I still remembered him. "Do you know what caused the fire? I asked,". It was me, he responded,". I tried to finish my project that my other friends were waiting for. "But I thought you were dead, so did your other friends." No, I am healthy and breathing. It exploded and started a fire, it killed me but thanks to you I am still alive. But how did I bring you back to life? I asked,". I put a spell on that  note and box, it was supposed to make it so that time changes in the way that you would want it to be, I was hopping a kind generous person like you would find it. "But what now?" I asked,". You do what you want, He said,". But that wasn't true I could not do what I want, but I still knew that my time in Georgia was gong to be great!



The End

No comments:

Post a Comment